TORONTO—A large crowd of more than 1,000 people gathered at the McMillan Theatre and the Royal Ontario Museum Wednesday night to celebrate the 59th annual Advertising and Design Club of Canada Awards.
Here is a list from the ADCC of the 25 gold award winners:
In the Multiple Media category, the gold award went to Ogilvy & Mather for their “New” Diamond Shreddies campaign for Kraft Canada Inc.
In the Advertising Broadcast category, gold went to:
• Pirate Radio & Television for their radio spot “The Sounds of Interruption” for Big Redworks;
• Publicis Vancouver for their animation spot “Whatzisface”, for the 2007 Lotus Awards;
• Taxi Toronto for their TV campaign “Michelle/Denise/Vivian” and for their single spot “Vivian” for Pfizer Canada Inc.;
• Rethink for their TV spots “The Keys” for Mr. Lube and “Autopilots” for Science World;
• BBDO Toronto for their TV single “Henry”, for the United Nations High Commission for Refugees;
• TBWAVancouver for their Cinema entry “Floater”, for the Vancouver International Film Festival.
In the Advertising Print category, gold went to:
• Leo Burnett for their campaigns “Expectancy/Jog/Outside” and “Drama/Nine/Outside” for the Toronto Humane Society;
• Taxi Toronto for their campaigns “Basement/Buffalo/Student Loan” and “Love/One Beer/Student Loan”, and for the single entry “One Beer” for Molson Canada.
In the Graphic Design category, gold went to:
• Nolin Branding & Design for their Complete Corporate ID Program “Manifesto Nolin/BBDO” and for their “Boralex 2007” Annual Report;
• Paprika for their “Les Allusifs Book Covers”.
In the Editorial Design category, gold went to:
• Prefix Institute of Contemporary Art for their magazine spread “Uncanny Figures and Mean Body”;
• Fashion Magazine for their Still-Life Photography piece “Lipstick Glasses;
• The Office of Gilbert Li for the In-House Magazine “volume 4: number 2”
• ishi, for his Fashion Photography piece “Escapizm”.
In the Interactive Media category, gold went to:
• TAXI Toronto for their “Aviva Microsite” for client Aviva Canada;
• GJP Advertising & Design for “Slicedthemovie.com” for Vincor;
• Bos Advertising for their Viral Marketing campaign “wtf?” for Mac’s Convenience Stores;
• Crush for their interactive video entry “The Gum Thief” for Random House.
For a full list of winners visit www.theadcc.ca