In this new biweekly feature on designedgecanada.com we take a look at a new or upcoming gadget, technology or tool. Today’s featured tech is the Stedicam Volt smartphone stabilizer – with just under a week to go on its crowdfunding campaign for shake-free videos, powered by longtime Hollywood heavy-weights Steadicam!
The designedge team (who are notoriously terrible at video!) are excited to get our hands on this lightweight, portable, CES Innovation awarded handheld stabilizer, which is expected to ship in June and currently priced during the Kickstarter “pre-order” at $149 a piece (USD).
- Lightweight and folding design enable easy storage and transportation
- Accompanying iOS app allows for precise balance
- Haptic control utilizes Simulated Inertia Dual operating modes for beginners and experienced users
- Uses long life rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries
- Accommodates phone sizes with or without case from 100g to 200g and 58mm to 80mm wide
While some crowd-funding campaigns have a lot of trouble moving from funded to shipping, the long history of the Steadicam line, the fact that the have working models in usage, and – perhaps most importantly – that they’ve already raised more then 9x their minimum funds needed to proceed, with over 5000 orders, make us a little more confident in this one than your average Kickstarter!
Check out more information & full ordering details for the product here – You have until this weekend to make your pledge.